1. If you purchase Regulated Electrical Appliances, including air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerator, television, computers, monitors, scanners and printers, as specified in the Producer Eco-Responsibility Ordinance (Cap. 603) (the PERO), at any of the Lane Crawford Hong Kong SAR stores or online store with a Hong Kong SAR shipping address, you may request free removal service (Removal Service) for the same type and quantity of used Regulated Electrical Appliances which belong to you (Old Appliances).
2. Upon your request for free Removal Service, you are deemed to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, whether or not the Old Appliances are actually removed and collected successfully from your designated premises. Once the Old Appliances have been removed and collected by us (Lane Crawford (Hong Kong) Limited), the removal service company, logistics company and any other companies, suppliers, contractors or agents that we appoint to provide the Removal Service (collectively the Companies), a record or notification of the staff attending the removal, in any format that we may in our sole discretion determine, shall be absolute and final proof of successful removal of the Old Appliances and you are deemed to have acknowledged the same.
3. You warrant that the removal and collection of any Old Appliances under a Removal Service arranged by us will not violate any rights of third parties (including, for example, ownership rights of any third parties).
4. Regulated Electrical Appliances are:
- Air conditioners, including single package type and split type air conditioners, air-cooled or air-heated (or both), with a rated cooling capacity not exceeding 7.5 kilowatts (3HP).
- Washing machines, with a rated washing capacity not exceeding 10 kg.
- Refrigerators, with a total storage volume not exceeding 500 liters.
- Televisions, with the size of its display screen not exceeding 100 inches (measured diagonally).
- Computers, generally including personal, desktop, tablet, laptop and notebook computers.
- Printers, not exceeding 30 kg in weight. A device that can be used as a photocopier, facsimile transmitter or scanner is nevertheless regarded as a printer.
- Scanners not exceeding 30kg.
- Monitors not having the function of storing electronic data or computing, where the size of the display screen is not less than 5.5 inches (measured diagonally) but does not exceed 100 inches (measured diagonally).
5. You may request a Removal Service:
- If you make the purchase at our physical stores:
i. by notifying our staff when you make the purchase; or
ii. emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at +852 2118 2288 within 3 days after payment for the transaction; or - If you make the purchase at our online store, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at +852 2118 2288 within 3 days after delivery of your purchased item.
6. Any late request will be deemed as a waiver of your right to request Removal Service.
7. You must provide accurate information for us to arrange the Removal Service with the removal service company and/or the logistics company at the scheduled date/time. Removal Service may be delayed, suspended or rescheduled in the following circumstances:
- You or your designated contact person is not present at the scheduled date/time;
- You provide us with inaccurate, incorrect or false address or contact number; and
- Any other circumstances in which you have provided us with inaccurate or incomplete information.
We reserve the right to refuse any free Removal Service if any of the circumstances described above occurs more than once.
8. Under normal circumstances, 3 working days are required to arrange the Removal Service.
9. The Old Appliances at your designated location will be removed on the date scheduled with you.
10. No Removal Service is available on Sundays and public holidays.
11. The Old Appliances will not be returned once collected.
12. The Old Appliances must be stand-alone and be freed from other connections or obstacles. The Companies and their staff reserve the right not to remove any Old Appliances in the following circumstances:
- The Old Appliances are still connected to any water pipes or electrical wires;
- Other furniture, fixtures, properties or any other obstacles are required to be removed before the Old Appliances can be removed from the original location;
- Removal of the Old Appliances from the original location is difficult due to their size and shape as compared to the size and design of the doors and passageways in the premises;
- Serious hygiene issues exist at the time of Removal Service including but not limited to rancid foods, presence of cockroaches, ants, and rats;
- Any other circumstances in which the Companies (including their staff), in their absolute discretion, decide that it is impracticable to remove the Old Appliances from the designated location.
13. In the circumstances described in Clause 12 above, you will no longer be entitled to the free Removal Service.
14. If you require a change of the day, time or location of the Removal Service, you must notify us by email at email@example.com or call at +852 2118 2288 no less than 2 working days before your originally scheduled date. You are only entitled to a change of day/time/location once.
15. The Removal Service is different from the delivery and installation service of your new item but can be scheduled at the same time as the delivery and/or installation service and may be provided by the same supplier who will deliver and/or install your new item.
16. In the event of a Black Rainstorm Warning or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above, the Removal Service will be suspended and rescheduled.
17. The Companies shall not be liable for:
- Any delay, suspension or rescheduling of Removal Service due to traffic, adverse weather conditions, other unforeseen and uncontrollable factors or any circumstances described in Clause 7 above; or
- Any loss arising from your breach of warranty set out in Clause 3 above which shall be subject of an indemnity from you to the Companies; or
- A refusal of Removal Service in the circumstances described in Clauses 7 or 12 above.
19. In case of any disputes, the decision of Lane Crawford (Hong Kong) Limited shall be final.