The purpose of our CCTV policy is to give notice and guidance to customers and other visitors to our premises, including to our stores, of our use of CCTV in those premises. Our use of CCTV in those premises complies with the requirements of the Ordinance and other applicable laws.
We use in-premises CCTV primarily to procure reasonable security in and safety of the monitored area.
In accordance with the Ordinance, the relevant guidelines issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data in Hong Kong (the “PCPD”) and other applicable laws:
- We expressly inform visitors when they are subject to CCTV surveillance, by posting notices reading “CCTV in operation” in areas of surveillance. We also place conspicuous notices at the entrance to and inside any monitored area.
- In addition, we post notices about CCTV surveillance when CCTV cameras are located very discreetly or in places where a person might not expect to be subject to surveillance.
- We do not install CCTV cameras in parts of our premises where people have a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as in changing rooms.
Our CCTV notices reflect the use of CCTV in our stores. They remind you to contact us if you have any further enquiries about our processing of your personal data via CCTV:
- We employ Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) in our stores. Store premises are subject to CCTV surveillance and activities are recorded by video camera to procure reasonable security in and safety of the monitored area.
- We use information obtained through CCTV monitoring for safety, security and law enforcement purposes only. We store CCTV footage and images in a secure location that can only be accessed by authorised staff and we delete the footage and images as soon as practicable once the purpose of collection is fulfilled.