This is an Agreement (“Agreement”) between Lane Crawford Department Store (Beijing) Limited (“Lane Crawford”) (having its registered office at Room 334, Office Tower, Beijing Capital Times Square, 88 West Chang’an Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing, China) and you (“the Cardholder” or “you”).
1. The Lane Crawford (Gold Privilege/Platinum Privilege) Card (“the Card”) is issued by Lane Crawford. You may be eligible for certain benefits by being issued with the Card. All Card benefits (as well as any further terms regarding how you can access such benefits as a holder of the Card or otherwise applicable to such benefits, such further terms being incorporated by reference into this Agreement) are listed at www.lanecrawford.com.cn/privilegecard. The Card (including its possession of and use by you) shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement in effect at the time of use of the Card by you.
2. To the maximum extent permitted by law, nothing contained in this Agreement shall affect Lane Crawford’s right to revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including amending any of the Card’s benefits or how you can access such benefits) at any time at its sole discretion, except that Lane Crawford will inform you within a reasonable period of time and in a reasonable manner of any changes to the this Agreement if such changes will limit the benefits you may receive from the Card (as described in clause 1 above). A current version of this Agreement may be located at www.lanecrawford.com.cn/privilegecard, so please do check back from time to time for updates. By continuing to use the Card, you are agreeing to continue to be bound by this Agreement as revised.
3. The Card is only issued to individuals having full legal capacity, and will otherwise only be issued at Lane Crawford’s sole discretion. Lane Crawford may issue you with a provisional card pending issuance of the Card (the use of which is also subject to this Agreement). Upon the issuance of the Card, any provisional card which may have been issued by Lane Crawford to the Cardholder (which use is also subject to this Agreement) will be cancelled and replaced by this Card and become null and void and have no further effect whatsoever. This Agreement applies from the date on which any provisional card or the Card (whichever was issued earlier) is issued to the Cardholder (“Commencement Date”) to the date of termination in accordance with clause 7 of this Agreement.
4. The Cardholder should sign the Card (or any provisional card) immediately upon receipt and shall keep the Card under their personal control at all times. The Card is personal to the Cardholder and is not transferable to any other person. The Cardholder shall not be entitled to receive any benefits conferred by the Card unless the Card is presented and payment is effected in person by the Cardholder.
5. The Card is not a credit card or a charge card and confers no right or benefit upon the Cardholder to purchase goods or services on credit or on terms other than those specified in this Agreement.
6. PLEASE RECORD YOUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER AND KEEP IT IN A SECRET AND SECURE PLACE. You must maintain secure possession of the Card at all times. If your Card is lost, stolen, defaced or damaged, please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible and quote your membership number. A replacement Card may be issued at our discretion, may be subject to a handling fee as deemed reasonably appropriate by Lane Crawford, and is subject to presentation of personal identification at any Lane Crawford store. If you do not have a record of your membership number, we will use reasonable efforts to trace your membership number and issue a replacement card. The Cardholder will notify Lane Crawford in writing of any changes in their contact information.
7. The Card may be cancelled and this Agreement may be terminated at any time by either: (a) the Cardholder upon giving written notice to Lane Crawford accompanied by the return of the Card; or (b) Lane Crawford (at its sole discretion) without any reason upon giving written notice to the Cardholder; provided that where the Card has been cancelled and this Agreement terminated under paragraph (b), you will be given a period of 30 days to redeem any Frequent Purchase Rewards Programme points accrued by you on the Card prior to the date of the written notice.
8. We (including our directors, officers, agents, consultants and associates, along with our related companies (including affiliate and subsidiary companies)) are not liable to you for any loss, damage or liability (whether direct, consequential, indirect, economic or otherwise) incurred by you in relation to the Card, including in relation to: (a) your use of the Card, (b) if the Card is used by any third party, whether with or without your permission; (c) your loss of the Card (or any liability incurred via your loss of the Card, whether before or after you notify us regarding your loss of the Card); (d) any revisions to the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including revisions to any of the Card’s benefits); or (e) any cancellation of the Card.
10. In case of any dispute, Lane Crawford reserves the right of final decision. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the People’s Republic of China (including where any issue arises in respect to the use of the Card outside of the People’s Republic of China).
11. In the event of discrepancies or conflicts between different language versions of this Agreement, the English version shall prevail.
12. All correspondence and notices in relation to this Agreement should be directed to Customer Relationship Management Department, Lane Crawford Department Store (Beijing) Limited, at Room 334, Office Tower, Beijing Capital Times Square, 88 West Chang’an Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing, China.