This TOS does not acknowledge any relationship between you and Lane Crawford (partnership, collaboration, employment, or otherwise). It does not entitle you to hold yourself as a representative of Lane Crawford.
If you have any comment about the Site or this TOS please contact us.
If you are under 18, by registering for an account with us or otherwise using our Services, you agree that you have informed your parents and guardians about the TOS prior to such registration or use, and they have approved of such registration or use by you on the terms of the TOS. Lane Crawford reserves the right to only accept orders from you if you are aged 18 or over.
We will never ask you for your account’s password either in writing (via email or otherwise), in person or on the phone. In using the Site, you are responsible for: (i) safeguarding any passwords used to access your account and our Services, and (ii) all use of our Services under your account. Please take reasonable care in protecting access to your account from any unauthorized use. If you suspect that the security of your account has been compromised or if there is unauthorised use of your account, please contact us immediately.
We may take actions against your account for activities including, but not limited to:
- Submitting material (including, but not limited to personal data, text, images, music or video) of which you do not have the full right to submit and/or grant license (the “Submitted Content”).
- Using any technology to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts or disrupt any of our Services in any way.
- Initiating communications that contain any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material.
- Advertising or sending unsolicited messages of any kind.
- Impersonating others or providing any kind of false information.
- Starting or forwarding chain letters of any kind.
Lane Crawford reserves the right to terminate any account in its sole discretion. We may send you an email to inform you of the termination of your account in such event.
All software and “Content” (which is defined as, or includes, any text, audio or music, video, graphics, photographs, and image) are the intellectual property of Lane Crawford and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only. Any non-personal and/or commercial use of the Content is only permitted when expressly authorised by Lane Crawford and/or its third party licensors. You may not distribute, reproduce, publish, sell or license any Content contained within the Site without prior consent or authorization of Lane Crawford. Any such unauthorized actions may result in civil consequences or criminal penalties.
Lane Crawford reserves the right to withdraw or amend any item of the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time and for any period.
The Site may include links to other websites or resources that are not operated or prepared by Lane Crawford. We have no control over such sites and resources and we will not accept responsibility for them or be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of them.
In order to place orders with us, you must meet our conditions of eligibility:
- Be aged 18 years of age or over;
- Be in possession of a valid credit/debit card issued by a licensed bank acceptable to Lane Crawford for payment; and
- Providing personal and payment details that are warranted by you to be both valid and accurate (email address, real name, phone number, billing information and other requested information as indicated on the Site).
All orders are subject to stock availability and confirmation of the order price. Items in your shopping basket are not reserved and may be purchased by other customers.
The Site is for your personal use only. You may not purchase goods from the Site for reselling purposes or commercial exploitation.
Lane Crawford will endeavour to ensure that the Content and the product descriptions on the Site are as accurate and complete as possible. We however do not warrant that “Content” and product descriptions are accurate, complete, current or error-free. Please refer to our Returns policy if you feel a product offered by Lane Crawford is not as described.
Prices are shown on the Site in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) in Hong Kong or US Dollars (USD) for the rest of the world, depending on the shipping country as shown in the upper-left corner on the Site or indicated by you while placing an order. Please note that orders shipped to China can only be made from Lane Crawford’s China Site where products are priced in Renminbi (RMB), and the China Site has its own terms of services. All orders placed in and shipped from Lane Crawford’s China Site are subject to its own terms of services. Lane Crawford’s China website can be accessed at: www.lanecrawford.com.cn. For the purpose of these Terms of Service, China excludes Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan.
Prices displayed on the Site at the time your order is accepted will be honoured except in the case of obvious error. Whilst we use our best endeavours to ensure that all prices appearing on the Site are accurate, we do not guarantee that they are error-free and reserve our right to rectify any errors. If we discover an error in the price of any products that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled.
If your credit/debit card is not denominated in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) or US Dollars (USD), the final price charged in your currency will be calculated by your issuing bank in accordance with the applicable exchange rate on the day your card issuer processes the transaction.
Taxes and duties applicable to your order depend on the shipping country of your order:
- Hong Kong orders are not subject to taxes and duties.
- Orders from countries served on a Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) basis will incur relevant import tax and duty and will be included in the final purchase price. This one-step process is for your convenience. Please note that the import tax and duty charges would be passed to the relevant local Customs authorities and are therefore non-refundable in the event of a return or exchange. You will only be charged taxes and duties once for exchanges; Lane Crawford will cover the cost of taxes and duties for the replacement.
- Customers placing orders from countries served on a Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU) basis will only be charged for the price of the product(s) purchased (excluding taxes and duties) and the delivery costs. Customers will be responsible for the payment of all import tax and duties levied by the country to which the products are shipped and payment of the said tax and duties is necessary for the release of the products ordered from the Customs on arrival. Our courier, DHL, will contact customers about the details of any import duty to pay. We advise you to contact your local customs authority to determine the cost of import tax and duties of your order prior to your placing orders with us.
We accept payments made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and JCB for all international orders. Orders shipped to Hong Kong can also be paid using major cards supported by China Unionpay (CUP).
By placing an order using one of the above credit/debit card payment methods, you confirm that the credit/debit card account used is yours or that you have been authorised by the owner to use it. If your card issuer refuses to authorise payment to Lane Crawford, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
For CUP payments, payments will be debited immediately when the order is placed. But your order will only be accepted until we send you an email to confirm the goods have been dispatched to you and your payment has been accepted. Please refer to “ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER” below for detail.
Our payment processes meet the stringent international security standards set down by the Payment Card Industry to make your shopping experience safe and secure. If you have registered an account on the Site and have decided to save your card details with us, your details will be fully encrypted, solely used to process card transactions that you have initiated and securely stored on our systems. In the absence of negligence on our part, we will not be liable for any loss you may suffer if any third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when using our Services.
Content (including without limitation product images, descriptions, pricing, stock availability, and sizing information) on this Website constitutes our invitation to treat, not a binding offer.
Once you have entered your personal and payment details and placed your order, we will send you an email acknowledging the receipt of your order. This email is confirmation of receipt of your order and does not constitute an acceptance of your offer / order or any promise concerning your offer / order.
If your order can be accepted by us, the contract between you and Lane Crawford shall be deemed concluded when we send you an email to confirm that the goods under your order have been shipped to you.
Only the goods listed in the confirmation email sent at the time of shipment are included in the contract concluded. All sales contracts are concluded in Hong Kong SAR and are written in English.
All cosmetic purchases made online at lanecrawford.com and shipped to you are eligible to accumulate Lane Crawford privilege card bonus points only. Lane Crawford privilege card bonus points cannot be earned in conjunction with rewards from purchased brands’ individual reward program. In any case of dispute, the decision of Lane Crawford shall be final.
Lane Crawford reserves its right not to accept an order for any reason in its sole discretion (including but not limited to any of the following reasons):
- The product you ordered is out of stock, or is withdrawn for failure to meet quality standards or due to the shipping restrictions applicable to any or all of the ordered items.
- We are unable to accept your order due to a system error.
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for payment.
- You do not meet the eligibility criteria to purchase as set out in these Terms Of Service.
Our Customer Service team will contact you as soon as possible if we are unable to accept your order.
We endeavour to dispatch all products ordered within 24 hours after the order has been placed and accepted by us. You will be given an indication of the estimated delivery time when you receive an email to confirm the goods have been dispatched to you. Lane Crawford’s teams will try their best to meet the estimated delivery but cannot guarantee that such estimate can be met.
Alternatively, you may choose to collect the products ordered by you at the concierge desks of our Hong Kong stores. You need to present the order confirmation number and your photo ID when the order is collected. If you cannot collect the products yourself, the photo ID of the person named as collector together with your written authorization should be presented when the order is collected.
You need to sign a confirmation of receipt of the products when the products are collected and by doing so, you accept the responsibility for the products ordered from that moment on. If the recipient or collector is not the original purchaser, or in case of delivery of a gift, then you accept that signature of the recipient or collector is evidence of delivery and fulfilment of your order by Lane Crawford. You also accept the associated transfer of responsibility in the same way.
Specific Terms for Ellerman Flower Boutique:
All deliveries for products from Ellermann Flower Boutique will be delivered at the chosen delivery date and timeslot by the supplier’s own delivery service. Orders must be placed a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the requested delivery date to allow time for order processing. Available delivery timeslots are either “before 2pm” or “2pm – 7pm”. Delivery is available 7 days a week. Delivery charges are calculated according to district. Orders that are requested for collection may be collected at the Ellermann counter at Lane Crawford Pacific Place Home Store only.
- For peak seasons and special occasions (i.e. Valentine's Day and Mother's Day) pricing, delivery charges, order cut-off times, delivery and/or pick-up times may be altered
- Adverse weather conditions (i.e. Typhoon 8) may cause a delay in the delivery of your order. You will be notified by the supplier as soon as possible with the rescheduled delivery date and time of your order.
This Returns Policy applies to purchases with Lane Crawford Hong Kong.
Nothing in the TOS is intended to affect your rights under the Laws of Hong Kong SAR.
Views expressed in any media by the designers, companies or third parties, whose products are sold at our stores or on the Site or with whom we are associated, are their own. Lane Crawford takes no responsibility for any such views as they do not necessarily reflect ours.
Lane Crawford does not guarantee that the use of the Site and Services will be error-free or that the Site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We recommend all users of the Site to ensure they have up-to-date software, including anti-virus, installed.
Some events may happen beyond our reasonable control, such as adverse weather. Under such conditions, Lane Crawford will always do its best to aim at maintaining its Services but will not be responsible for failing to meet any obligations in this TOS.
At our request, you agree to compensate us fully and hold us, Lane Crawford (including its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers), harmless from and against all liabilities, claims, expenses, damages and losses, including legal fees, arising from any breach of the TOS by you. This includes the use of the Site by any other persons using your account caused by your action or inaction.
If you breach the TOS and we take no action against you, it is no wavier for us to exercise our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach the TOS.
We have our complaints handling procedure that we will use to try to resolve any disputes when they first arise. Please contact our Customer Care team at +852 2118 2288 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any order related complaints or comments.
Lane Crawford respects the intellectual property of others. If you have reason to believe your work may have been used in the Site without your permission, please contact us following this complaints handling procedure.
The TOS, together with all our policies and procedures, are governed by and construed in accordance with Hong Kong SAR law. The relevant courts of Hong Kong SAR will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these TOS.